TOMORROW: School Choice Fair at the Zoo to Feature Education Info, Family Fun
SANTA ANA, Calif., Jan. 28, 2022
SANTA ANA, Calif., Jan. 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Not far from Amazon parrots and ring-tailed lemurs, several hundred families and educators will join together to celebrate school choice at the Santa Ana Zoo. This event marks the Orange County Parent Union's seventh annual school choice fair.
- School choice fair with more than a dozen public schools and community groups
- Face painting, a photo booth, snacks, raffle prizes, and a DJ, plus free entrance to the zoo
- Celebration of National School Choice Week
- Mari Barker, president of the Orange County Board of Education
- Lance Izumi, senior director of the Center for Education at the Pacific Research Institute
- former State Senator Romero
- Larry Sand, president of the California Teachers Empowerment Network
- Representatives from more than a dozen schools and community groups
- Hundreds of community members
- 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29
- Santa Ana Zoo, 1801 E. Chestnut Ave.
This event is hosted by Parent Union.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective K-12 education options for children, focusing equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. Every January, participants plan tens of thousands of celebrations –– such as school fairs and open houses–– to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. School Choice Week also develops resources and guides to K-12 education for families. As a not-for-profit effort, the Week is nonpolitical and nonpartisan and does not advocate for legislation. For more information visit schoolchoiceweek.com.
SOURCE National School Choice Week