DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Jan. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global wood coatings market is expected to augment at a healthy CAGR of 5.9% throughout the forecast period from 2022 to 2032. The expansion of the wood coatings market is attributed to the growth of the housing market as spending on maintenance of decks, fences, flooring, and siding is rising. Furthermore, stringent regulations, increased competition, a rise in unique formulations, and new product advancements are some of the reasons driving the growth of the wood coatings industry.
Rapid urbanization in response to increasing development and population growth is predicted to increase housing demand on a huge scale. As a result, the demand for furniture such as chairs, tables, mattresses, sofas, shelves, and cupboards has risen exponentially, thereby surging the demand for wood coatings.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report @
Although, the availability of less expensive and higher-quality replacements, such as wood composites and plastic wood, may limit the wood coatings market's growth. Furthermore, stringent regulations, rising competition, growth in unique formulations, and new product developments are some of the factors stimulating the growth of the wood coatings market.
In addition, the availability of cheaper and quality substitutes such as wood composites and plastic wood is likely to hamper the growth of the wood coatings market. Such alternatives are often more durable and require less maintenance in comparison to other wood products.
Although several substitutes are available, wood is a primary choice for commercial and residential purposes for clear wood finish due to its wide availability in the market. Clear coat for wood accounts for most of the wood protection demand comprising paints and stains accounting for the largest shares. In contrast, preservatives, which are applied to lumber by wood treatment companies, account for a smaller portion of wood protection demand.
- Wood coating applications comprise interior wood, small furniture, panels, tables, cupboards, chairs, office furniture, kitchen furniture, doors, and staircases among others. Generally, there are three major types of wood coatings such as evaporative, reactive, and coalescing.
- It has been often observed that the wood’s color changes by staining, bleaching, or any other techniques. Once the wood surface is prepared and stained, the coating is applied. It usually consists of several coats of shellac, drying oil, paint, wax, or lacquer.
- In the final stages, the surface may be polished with the help of wool, steel, rotten stone, or other materials. It is also dependent on the shine desired by the customer. In addition to that, a final coat of wax is applied over the finish to add a degree of protection. Polyurethane finish is also associated with wood coatings.
- Furniture, decking, and siding are the three largest applications of wood coatings in value terms. However, smaller doors, windows, and cabinet applications are expected to achieve faster growth in the near future.
- Paint is considered a dominant wood coatings product utilized on siding, windows, and doors, but as compared to other products, stains and sealers are more widely utilized on cabinets, decks, furniture, and flooring. Polyurethane wood finish is predominately used in primers and sealers.
- Residential end-user is known as the largest market for wood protection products, driven by maintenance demand for various items such as fences, siding, and decks. Non-residential and non-building uses account for a much smaller market for wood protection products.
Get Full Access of this Report @
Key players in the global wood coatings market are focusing on launching new and innovative types of wood coatings in order to get an edge over the global landscape. The prominent market players are concentrating on mergers and acquisitions to cater to the diverse customer base. Furthermore, technological advancements are making it possible to innovate new wood coatings products for better results in the future.
- Akzo Nobel Coatings nv (Netherlands)
- PPG Industries Inc. (U.S.)
- Sherwin-Williams Co. (U.S.)
- DuPont Coatings and Colour Technologies Group (U.S.)
- ICI Paints (UK)
- BASF Coatings AG (Germany)
- Valspar Corp. (U.S.)
More Insights into the Wood Coatings Market
North American region is anticipated to dominate the global wood coatings market. The growth of the region is attributed to the increased demand for personalized home design products, as well as rising customer spending, which will act as a major driver for a thick clear coat of wood in North America.
Asia Pacific region is currently known as the largest market for wood coatings, followed by Europe. The expansion of the market is responsible due to rising sustained demand from the developed markets and burgeoning demand from emerging economies will continue to drive the wood coatings market. The wood coatings market is witnessing a major shift of key market players from Europe and the U.S. to the emerging economies of Asia Pacific, comprising China and India.
- Smaller Doors
- Stains and Sealers
By End Use
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Before Buying, Visit for Customization @
Table of Content
1. Executive Summary
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand-side Trends
1.3. Supply-side Trends
1.4. Technology Roadmap Analysis
1.5. Analysis and Recommendations
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
3. Market Background
3.1. Market Dynamics
3.2. Scenario Forecast
3.2.1. Demand in Optimistic Scenario
3.2.2. Demand in Likely Scenario
3.2.3. Demand in Conservative Scenario
3.3. Opportunity Map Analysis
3.4. Product Life Cycle Analysis
3.5. Supply Chain Analysis
3.5.1. Supply Side Participants and their Roles
Explore FMI’s Extensive Coverage on Chemicals & Materials Domain
Coatings and Application Technologies for Robotics Market Size: The global coatings and application technologies for robotics market is poised to surpass US$ 1,272 Mn by 2022. The industry is further poised to expand and reach US$ 1,765.1 Mn by 2027.
Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market Growth: The Europe advanced aerospace coatings market was valuated at just-over US$ 390 million in 2018, which is anticipated to register the CAGR of 4.9% through 2028.
BRIC Performance Coatings Market Demand: The BRIC performance coatings market is expected to generate US$ 95.9 billion in revenue in 2022. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% to reach US$ 8.66 billion by 2032.
Water Proof Coatings Market Analysis: The global water proof coatings market is set to thrive at a CAGR of 4.02% between 2022 and 2032 while holding a value of US$ 15.81 Billion in 2022. The anticipated value of US$ 23.45 Billion by 2032.
PU Coatings Market Sales: According to latest market survey conducted by Future Market Insights, the global PU Coating market set to expand with a CAGR of 5.2% during 2022 – 2032 period. The market is anticipated to top a valuation of US$ 29,782.3 Mn by the end of the forecast period.
About Future Market Insights, Inc.
Future Market Insights, Inc. is an ESOMAR-certified business consulting & market research firm, a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and is headquartered in Delaware, USA. A recipient of Clutch Leaders Award 2022 on account of high client score (4.9/5), we have been collaborating with global enterprises in their business transformation journey and helping them deliver on their business ambitions. 80% of the largest Forbes 1000 enterprises are our clients. We serve global clients across all leading & niche market segments across all major industries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
1602-6 Jumeirah Bay X2 Tower,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com